The Case for Case Studies: 6 Tips to Make the Most of Them in Your Marketing Materials
Aug 15 , 2018
When you’re ready to make a purchase decision, especially when it’s a big one, you don’t jump in
without doing some research first.
Today, most of us ask the opinions of others and spend some quality screen time researching our options. In our connected world, nine out of 10 people look for product information, including reviews, social posts and comparative product information, before making a purchase decision.
And while buyers are looking for opinions, they aren’t looking for your thoughts on your product or service. Instead, they want to hear from people who’ve used what you offer. They want to know that someone who is similar to them had a positive experience and felt their time and money were well spent.
Case studies, when done well, are a great way to provide this information. They illustrate the real-world results that customers want to see in a compelling and engaging way.
The challenge is creating a case study that gets and keeps people’s attention by telling a powerful story. As you get started, here are some important case study to-dos:
1. Understand your goals and audience. What are you trying to accomplish? What’s your message? Who are you trying to share it with? And what do you want them to do once they’ve read it?
2. Have a strong story to tell. Is your customer’s story relatable? Is it realistic? Do you have strong facts and figures? Will readers see themselves in the story you’re telling?
3. Secure customer participation. Make sure the potential subject for your case study is all in. Are they comfortable sharing ROI facts and figures? If they can’t share the full story, then it probably isn’t the right story to tell.
4. Write from the customer’s perspective. Focus on the customer’s success story instead of your marketing message. This is about them, not you.
5. Think: action and engagement. Make the story readable and relatable. Address the customer’s challenges. Talk about the solutions provided and how they met the customer’s need. Then show off their results.
6. Share, share, share. Publicize your case study’s availability. Post it on your website. Share it on social channels. Include it in your email marketing efforts and newsletters. Blog about it. Create videos from your case studies. And share the stories with your sales team.
Need help with your case studies or other content marketing tactics? We’re your nearby experts; we can help.
Fast. Local. Personal. For over 35 years KKP has been supplying a comprehensive range of high-quality print, design and sign services as well as marketing assistance to Canadian businesses. For expert assistance, attentive service and affordable prices, contact us today.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY LIKE
Is it time to update your vehicle graphics?
Vehicle graphics work for more than just commercial fleets – they’re a great investment for any small business. Every time you drive your vehicle, or even simply park it somewhere, it will be working ...
All Eyes Are on You with Company Vehicle Signage
According to a traffic congestion study performed by Inrix, Canada's cities ranked as the most traffic-congested places across the globe. This study also revealed on average, Canadians spend 27 hours ...